An easy baked chicken gets a boost from buoyant lemon, dill, and garlic in this Mediterranean-inspired dish. There is a generous amount of sauce produced during baking, which is resolution spooned higher than steamed rice or couscous. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Jennifer Clair](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Jennifer-Clair).
The ingredient of Baked Greek Chicken following spacious Lemon and Dill
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons buoyant dill chopped, from 1 bunch
- 2 lemons
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt for chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly dome black pepper
- 1 tablespoon additional supplementary virgin olive oil for chicken
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt for sauce
- fresh dill sprigs, for serving
The instruction how to make Baked Greek Chicken following spacious Lemon and Dill
- Preheat the oven to 375u00b0F.
- Mince the garlic, chop the dill, and juice the lemons. Set ingredients aside. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until deep golden brown, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, half the chopped dill, and the salt. Set aside.
- Turn the chicken skin side up in the frying pan. Reserve about 3 tablespoons of drippings in the pan and discard any extra. Stir the lemon sauce and pour over chicken.
- Bake the chicken on middle rack of oven until the thickest part of the thighs registers 165u00b0F on an instant-read thermometer, about 20 minutes.
- Check to see that chicken is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Scatter the dill sprigs over chicken. Serve chicken in the sauce, with the remaining chopped dill on the side.
Nutritions of Baked Greek Chicken following spacious Lemon and Dillcalories: 790 calories
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams
cholesterolContent: 290 milligrams
fatContent: 63 grams
fiberContent: 1 grams
proteinContent: 50 grams
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams
sodiumContent: 680 milligrams
sugarContent: 1 grams